Vote Terese Tomanek for Duluth City Council At-Large November 2nd!
“I'm fully committed to ensuring that all residents, regardless of zip code and socio-economic background, have opportunities to succeed, thrive, and build their futures.” —Terese Tomanek
Terese Tomanek is a UMD graduate who fell in love with the city and decided to make it the place where she settled, opened her business, and together with her husband Steve, raised her family. Her love of this city and heart of service convinced her to seek an appointment to fill the at-large seat of her friend and mentor, Barb Russ. Having been an effective leader in the nine months since she was unanimously voted onto Council by her fellow Councilors, Terese chose to run for election this November.
Terese has lived in Duluth for 40 years. She and her husband have owned their home here and raised an adult son and daughter. She owned and managed her own business for 16 years and has worked as a chaplain for the past 10 years at Essentia Health, UMD and Woodland Hills, now The Hills. Terese holds a B.A. from the University of Minnesota Duluth, a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Northwestern Health Sciences University, and a Master’s of Divinity from St. John’s University. Terese is an avid walker, biker, reader, and baker. She is interested in listening to the voices and concerns of the community.
Come and meet Terese this year at our Tuesdays with Terese events, coming to a neighborhood park near you!
As a Duluth At-Large Councilor Terese has:
- co-authored the mask ordinance for Duluth along with fellow Councilor Forsman
- co-authored letters of support for the Philando Castile Omnibus bill
- co-authored letter to state legislators to exempt small businesses from paying taxes on PPP funds
- helped save a child care center that was in imminent danger of closing
- served on the Earned Sick and Safe Time (ESST) task force
- reinstituted (and chair) the Intergovernmental Relations Committee of the City Council
- advocated for safe opening and funding for libraries and museums in the city budget
- supported the declaration of a Climate Emergency in Duluth, and the establishment of a city Climate Action Work Plan
TUESDAYS WITH TERESE!
Terese will be hosting “Tuesdays with Terese” in Duluth’s neighborhood parks as a way for you to get to know her, and for her to hear your opinions, issues, and concerns. You can check out the dates and locations on this website, and on our Facebook page, Terese for Duluth City Council.