THE LATEST NEWS FROM OUR CAMPAIGN
My "Meet the Candidates" Presentation for Duluth PACT
Recently recorded this presentation for Duluth PACT TV at their Meet the Candidates Forum.
Proud to present a summary of my work, my priorities and my goals in helping all residents of Duluth thrive and our city grow.
Get a Terese for Duluth Yard Sign!
Terese Tomanek is a UMD graduate who fell in love with the city and decided to make it the place where she settled, opened her business, and together with her husband Steve, raised her family. Terese has held numerous leadership roles throughout the city including with the Duluth News Tribune Editorial Board, YWCA, the Duluth Library Board, and the Duluth Human Rights Commission. Currently she serves as Board Chair of the Lake Superior College Foundation. Her love of this city and heart of service convinced her to seek an appointment to fill the at-large seat of her friend and mentor, Barb Russ. Having been been an effective leader since she was unanimously voted onto Council by her fellow Councilors last year, Terese chose to run for election this November.
Terese has lived in Duluth for 40 years. She and her husband have owned their home here and raised an adult son and daughter. She owned and managed her own business for 16 years and has worked as a chaplain for the past 10 years at Essentia Health, UMD and Woodland Hills, now The Hills. Terese holds a B.A. from the University of Minnesota Duluth, a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Northwestern Health Sciences University, and a Master’s of Divinity from St. John’s University. Terese is an avid walker, biker, reader, and baker. She is interested in listening to the voices and concerns of the community.
Come and meet Terese this year at our Tuesdays with Terese events, coming to a neighborhood park near you!
As a Duluth At-Large Councilor Terese has:
- co-authored the mask ordinance for Duluth along with fellow Councilor Forsman
- co-authored letters of support for the Philando Castile Omnibus bill
- co-authored letter to state legislators to exempt small businesses from paying taxes on PPP funds
- helped save a child care center that was in imminent danger of closing
- served on the Earned Sick and Safe Time (ESST) task force
- reinstituted (and chair) the Intergovernmental Relations Committee of the City Council
- advocated for safe opening and funding for libraries and museums in the city budget
- supported the declaration of a Climate Emergency in Duluth, and the establishment of a city Climate Action Work Plan
I am proud to be endorsed by groups that represent a diverse range of all that is good about our city.
CITY COUNCIL AND OTHER ENDORSEMENTS
And I am proud to have received the endorsement of my fellow city councilors, Mayor Emily Larsen, former Mayor Don Ness., and others.
Thank you to all of those who have followed my campaign, challenged me to explain my vision and priorities for this great city, and honored me with their endorsement.
TUESDAYS WITH TERESE!
Terese will be hosting “Tuesdays with Terese” in Duluth’s neighborhood parks as a way for you to get to know her, and for her to hear your opinions, issues, and concerns. You can check out the dates and locations on this website, and on our Facebook page, Terese for Duluth City Council.